If you’re in the lead-up to your retirement, there are many steps you can take to ensure you’re setting yourself up for a relaxing and comfortable retirement. One topic that often gets overlooked when it comes to retirement savings is pension splitting. So, in this episode, I will be sharing the benefits of pension splitting (including the savings and opportunities that are available), as well as what type of pensions can actually be split.
Listen in as I share the easiest way to split income for retirement planning, which pension plans are not eligible for splitting, and advice on how to limit your tax bill when you enter retirement. You’ll learn the benefits of having a tax-free savings account, why you may use an RRSP in the first place, and how to get maximum tax benefits.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The savings you can accomplish with pension splitting.
- Why it makes sense to split income.
- Which opportunities you should be aware of with pension splitting.
- What type of pension income can be split.
- What income splitting allows.
- Which pensions are not eligible for splitting.
- How to limit your tax bill when you enter retirement.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“There are significant savings that come with pension income splitting.” – Joe Curry
“You want to be looking for opportunities to equalize your income with your spouse so that you can lower your household income [in order to save money on your tax bill in retirement].” – Joe Curry
“It is possible to share your Canada Pension Plan income with your spouse, although it is different than splitting.” – Joe Curry
Resources In Today’s Episode:
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.