Planned giving allows individuals to gift large sums to charitable organizations, in life or at the time of passing, as part of the donor’s financial and/or estate planning. Gift plans use estate and tax planning to provide for charity and heirs in ways that maximize the gift and/or minimize its impact on the donor’s estate. So, what do you need to know about charitable planned giving as you plan for and enter retirement? We will share everything you need to know on this topic in this episode.
Listen in as we explain how you can use your life insurance for charity and how you can use this to offset many of the taxes that may be attached to life insurance. You will learn why it’s important to think about charitable giving, how to fit this into your overall financial plan and how to make a large impact on your community or charity of choice.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What charitable planned giving is.
- What a donor-advised fund is.
- How to avoid paying more tax than you need to.
- How charitable giving can actually help you save money.
- How to use life insurance for charity.
- Why someone should consider charitable giving.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“People think that if they want to leave money to a charity it’s going to be a complicated planning process, but at the end of the day, [it is quite straightforward].” – Joe Curry
“Charitable planned giving allows you to make a much larger impact.” – Joe Curry
“By giving more thought to your estate planning, it allows you to have a bigger impact.” – Joe Curry
Resources In Today’s Episode:
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.
DISCLAIMER: Investment services are provided through Matthews and Associates Investments of Aligned Capital Partners Inc., an approved trade name of Aligned Capital Partners Inc © Cashflow Podcasting | cashflowpodcasting.com (ACPI). Only investment-related products and services are offered through ACPI/Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI and covered by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Tax planning, financial planning and insurance services are provided through Matthews and Associates. Matthews and Associates is an independent company separate and distinct from ACPI/ Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI. Matthews and Associates are not licenced tax professionals, and you should consult with your tax advisor before acting on any recommendations.