Rather than trying to predict the future, wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to draw information about expected returns from the market itself? Luckily there is. Through scientific and evidence-based investing, you can take a less subjective and more systematic approach to investing. In this episode, Christian Newton, Vice President of Dimensional Fund Advisors, joins the show to discuss the scientific perspective on investing, particularly how it relates to the investor.
Listen in as Christian explains where we often see a gap in investment returns and investor returns, as well as his advice for tuning out the noise when it comes to investing. You will learn why you shouldn’t sell in a market downturn, what you can do to ensure your finances are stable and how to create a good investment plan.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to use science in your investing.
- Why you shouldn’t sell your investments in a market downturn.
- How evidence-based investing can increase your success.
- Why so many investors fail to get an average return.
- Why we see a gap in investment returns.
- What we can do to ensure our finances are working for us.
- How to create a good investment plan.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“There is a scientific way to set up investments to put the chances of success in your favor.” – Christian Newton
“Many people sell low and buy high, which is the opposite of how one achieves bigger returns.” – Christian Newton
“You should let your investment plan decide when you buy and sell, not your emotions.” – Christian Newton
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Lindsay Wilson: LinkedIn
- Joseph Curry: LinkedIn
- Christian Newton: LinkedIn
- Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Carl Richards: LinkedIn
- Carl Richards – Behaviour Gap
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.
DISCLAIMER: Investment services are provided through Matthews and Associates Investments of Aligned Capital Partners Inc., an approved trade name of Aligned Capital Partners Inc © Cashflow Podcasting | cashflowpodcasting.com (ACPI). Only investment-related products and services are offered through ACPI/Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI and covered by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Tax planning, financial planning and insurance services are provided through Matthews and Associates. Matthews and Associates is an independent company separate and distinct from ACPI/ Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI. Matthews and Associates are not licenced tax professionals, and you should consult with your tax advisor before acting on any recommendations.