You’ve decreased your spending and cut all of the costs you possibly can, but somehow you still find you’re not saving enough for retirement. Where can you go from there? In this episode, Joe and Lindsay share several options you have if you are concerned about the amount of money you will have for retirement and want to ensure you’re not having to rely on your family to support you.
Listen in as Joe describes the importance of focusing on what brings purpose and value to your life instead of just spending your money on frivolous things. You will learn how to identify where you may be able to cut even more costs, the importance of diversification, and why you should start with your goals in mind.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What to do if you find you’re not saving enough money for retirement.
- The different options you have if you’ve exhausted all your saving possibilities.
- How to ensure you don’t have to rely on your family to support you in retirement.
- When you may want to think about living off of less money.
- What to think about if you and your partner are making vastly different income.
- The benefit of diversifying your portfolio.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“Working longer is definitely a great decision for increasing your retirement success.” – Joseph Curry
“Sometimes switching from working full time to being fully retired can be really difficult for some people.” – Joseph Curry
“Make sure you’re clear on what you really want, need and value.” – Joseph Curry
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Lindsay Wilson: LinkedIn
- Joseph Curry: LinkedIn
- The Latte Factor by David Bach
- Simple Wealth, Inevitable Wealth by Nick Murray
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.
DISCLAIMER: Investment services are provided through Matthews and Associates Investments of Aligned Capital Partners Inc., an approved trade name of Aligned Capital Partners Inc © Cashflow Podcasting | cashflowpodcasting.com (ACPI). Only investment-related products and services are offered through ACPI/Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI and covered by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Tax planning, financial planning and insurance services are provided through Matthews and Associates. Matthews and Associates is an independent company separate and distinct from ACPI/ Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI. Matthews and Associates are not licenced tax professionals, and you should consult with your tax advisor before acting on any recommendations.