Oftentimes, people mistakenly think that once they hit retirement, they no longer need to invest. They believe that retirement is the time to live off of their savings and simply avoid financial risks. Although you no longer are earning a working income once you hit retirement, this doesn’t mean you should stop investing. So, in this episode, Joe and Lindsay will be discussing how to continue investing in retirement to ensure you don’t run out of money long-term.
Listen in as Joe explains how he helps his clients maximize the growth of their portfolio without taking too many financial risks or taking too much out of their spending money. You will learn why you should always avoid selling when the market is low, the importance of having enough money to keep up with inflation, and how to make sure your nest egg won’t deplete in value over time.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t stop investing in retirement.
- How to create income but also have the portfolio grow enough that we don’t run out of money.
- How to determine your time horizon.
- The different buckets you can put your money into in retirement.
- How to avoid having to sell when the market is low.
- How to make sure your money keeps up with inflation.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“Life expectancy is always increasing with technology, so we really don’t know how long someone is going to be retired.” – Joseph Curry
“We never want to have to sell when the market is low.” – Joseph Curry
“We don’t know what’s coming in the future and this is why we need to have some kind of an asset or investment that is going to help keep our nest egg up with or ahead of inflation.” – Joseph Curry
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Lindsay Wilson: LinkedIn
- Joseph Curry: LinkedIn
- Managing Sequence of Return Risk with Bucket Strategies vs a Total Return Balancing Approach
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.