Many individuals want a retirement that is authentic to who they are, passion driven and filled with purpose. However, it takes a certain kind of mindset to achieve the motivation, tools and community for someone who is retirement age to make this happen. Mind Switch helps individuals transition from their careers and create the next phase of their lives to be as uniquely compelling as they are by reinventing what retirement can be. Today, Scott Armstrong, CEO of Mind Switch Training, will be joining the show to discuss the six key foundations needed for your greatest ambitions to come to life.
Listen in as Scott shares his one piece of advice for someone moving towards retirement and why he doesn’t like the word “retire.” You will learn the benefit of living a life filled with purpose, the importance of not comparing yourself to others and the benefit of remaining active in any way that you can throughout your life.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The six key foundations needed to live the retirement of your dreams.
- Why Scott doesn’t like the word “retire.”
- Scott’s one piece of advice for someone who is moving towards a work-optional life.
- Scott’s unique background working with exotic animals.
- The importance of living a purpose-filled life.
- How to make the switch to start trying new things.
- Why you shouldn’t compare your life to others.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“If we don’t have a compelling purpose to stimulate us mentally and keep us physically active, then your health quickly depreciates.” – Scott Armstrong
“The most poisonous word that can come into a work-optional life or retirement is ‘envy.’ We shouldn’t compare ourselves to what anybody else is doing.” – Scott Armstrong
“Find an outdoor activity or physical activity that you enjoy.” – Scott Armstrong
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Joseph Curry: LinkedIn
- Scott Armstrong: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Mind Switch
- If you would like a copy of Scott’s one-pager retirement blue print email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Mind Switch Blue Print.”
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.