Clients often ask me how to know when they have enough money set aside to take all risk off the table in their investments. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. You cannot take risk off the table, as inflation is constantly happening. However, there are ways to minimize your risk. So, in this episode, I will be sharing the steps you can take to lower your susceptibility to inflation risk and more.
No matter how you choose to invest there will be risks. Choose a stock-heavy portfolio and you increase the sequence of return and market risk. Add more low-risk and guaranteed investments, you increase the risk of inflation and not being able to keep your lifestyle up with the cost of living. Like most things in life, a balanced approach that takes all risks into consideration is essential for helping you achieve your retirement goals.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What inflation is.
- How inflation can impact your retirement income.
- What inflation has done to purchasing power.
- How to know when you have enough money to have a risk-free retirement.
- How to minimize your risk of inflation.
- How you can create income in retirement.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“40 years shouldn’t be unexpected when planning for retirement.” – Joe Curry
“You can’t take risk off the table.” – Joe Curry
“No matter how you choose to invest there will be risks.” – Joe Curry
Resources In Today’s Episode:
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.