Many people tend to underestimate how long they will live, therefore underestimating how much money they will require for retirement. And although there is no way to know for sure how long you’re going to live, there are measures you can put in place to ensure you do not outlive your money. So, in this episode, I will be sharing how to calculate how much you will need for retirement so that you can live out your life stress-free.
Listen in as I explain the importance of putting strategies in place to stabilize your finances in the future so that you are able to get through a few years of market dips. You will learn how to change your perspective on your life expectancy, what the experts predict for the future of technology, and why you should review your plan frequently.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of having a strategy for handling less than ideal market conditions early on in retirement.
- How to avoid underestimating how long you will live.
- Why it’s crucial to have a strategy and not a projection.
- Current data for life expectancy.
- Why changing your perspective on life expectancy is key.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“People massively underestimate how long they are going to live.” – Joe Curry
“When you have good returns early on in retirement, you build enough of a buffer to get through any bad markets later on in retirement.” – Joe Curry
“Don’t think about your life expectancy. Think about life expectancy in general and see if that shifts your perspective.” – Joe Curry
Resources In Today’s Episode:
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.