Whether you’re new to the podcast or a returning listener, Joe and Lindsay discuss the most popular topics, questions, and guests on the show in 2022. This is a great episode if you’re looking for a place to jump in – or just want a general refresher on all things retirement planning!
Listen as Joe recaps some of the highlights of the last year on the show, including the value of approachability, retirement income strategies, the basics of retirement planning, and our most popular question: Do I need $1 million to retire?
What You’ll Learn in Today’s Episode
- Retirement income strategies
- Do I need $1 Million to Retire?
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “One of the core values of our firm is approachability. Our industry is intimidating to a lot of people. Approachability for us means making it easy for people to talk to us and ask questions about retirement planning.”
- “How are you going to create enough growth in your portfolio that you’re outpacing inflation? We need to not just think in terms of a straight line. What is our income going to look? Our income requirements go up over time, even if our lifestyle doesn’t become more extravagant.”
- “We identify as our careers. If I identify as a financial planner for 30 years and then retire one day, who am I then? It’s necessary to get clear on whom you want your future self to be. What you can do to start moving towards that person you envision or imagine?”
- “If you’re listening to this that’s fantastic that you’re learning and educating yourself. That’s just going to help you make better decisions around your retirement and help you feel more comfortable about the advice you’re getting.”
Resources In Today’s Episode:
If you like Your Retirement Planning Simplified…
Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you with your Retirement Planning:
- Are you ready to retire? Use my FREE Retirement Readiness Calculator to run your numbers to see if you’re truly ready to retire.
- Book your Intro Call with me to see if my expertise matches your situation. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will happily point you in the right direction to get the advice you need.
DISCLAIMER: Investment services are provided through Matthews and Associates Investments of Aligned Capital Partners Inc., an approved trade name of Aligned Capital Partners Inc © Podcast Abundance | podcastabundance.com (ACPI). Only investment-related products and services are offered through ACPI/Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI and covered by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Tax planning, financial planning and insurance services are provided through Matthews and Associates. Matthews and Associates is an independent company separate and distinct from ACPI/ Matthews and Associates Investments of ACPI. Matthews and Associates are not licenced tax professionals, and you should consult with your tax advisor before acting on any recommendations.